If you are thinking about putting on an orthodontic treatment and you need it or you don’t want it to be noticed, Invisalign is your treatment. This orthodontic system consists in the use of transparent and completely aesthetic transparent and re-movable splints that achieve the correct movement and position of the teeth. In this article we explain what this system consists of and what the attacks are. Invisalign is a revolutionary orthodontic system or technique capable of solving problems of dental malposition.
Not only does it provide great aesthetics during orthodontic treatment by consisting of a set of splints or invaluable transparent aligners, but also, this technique allows us and offers:
- Remove splints or aligners to eat and then brush your teeth correctly, allowing us to maintain better hygiene.
- Likewise, this system does not coerce our food as in the case of brackets that can be broken down when eating hard foods.
- Minimal discomfort after placement.
- There are no scratches like those that may appear after placing the brackets during the first few days. Therefore, it is a technique that offers us more comfort.
- To be able to perform the dental movements it is necessary to create some retentions in the teeth that must be moved for their correct positioning.
What are Invisalign attachments?
We could define the Invisalign system attachments as small resin or composite reliefs that adhere to the dental surface. That is, they are made with the same material with which dental ties are made, therefore, they are completely aesthetic. The size of the attachments may range from about 1 to 3 mm and not all teeth will have to have attachments. Also, the same tooth can have one, two or three attachments and these can be of different shapes; everything will depend on the treatment plan that should be followed at your Propdental dental clinic in Barcelona.
Types of orthodontic attachments and their function
We can classify the attacks in three groups according to the movement that they must carry out or their purpose; So we have:
- They generally allow the canines, upper and lower, to rotate or rotate in position.
- They help the extrusion of maxillary and mandibular teeth.
- Root Straightening They allow modifying the dental root position and also the tooth.
- If you are thinking about the Invisalign system, do not fear, the attachments do not bother, nor rub or hurt in their placement or cementing.
Are attacks necessary in all cases of Invisalign?
It is not always necessary to place attachments in the Invisalign treatment and likewise, attachments are not normally placed in all dental pieces. Although it is usual that in this orthodontic treatment, the dental pieces to be moved do. Also, the attachments may be placed in some phases of the treatment and removed in later phases; this will be determined in the treatment plan designed by Invisalign.
How many attachments are placed during treatment?
The number of attacks and also, the number of splints or aligners of each Invisalign treatment is personalized. No two mouths are the same, therefore, there will not be two Invisalign treatments the same. Also, and as we mentioned before, the attachments do not have to be placed in all the teeth or during the whole treatment, these can be modified. Before performing the Invisalign orthodontic treatment.
Can the attachments fall?
Yes, the attachments, although this is not usual, may break down or fall off. Remember that the attachments are cemented on a very smooth surface, the dental surface. The most frequent houses are for the forces that the treatment exerts, for the chewing forces and for the bad placement of the aligners or splints. You have to pay attention when placing the aligners, this is a very simple process but it must be done correctly so that they fit perfectly.
How are the attachments placed?
Cementing or placement of the Invisalign system attachments is one of the first steps of orthodontic treatment. The Invisalign treatment will come with splints or aligners where the attachments to be placed will be marked and this will be used as a template during the process.
Will the attachments hurt?
If it is possible that during the first two or three days after the placement of the orthodontics Invisalign notices discomfort and these are caused by the dental movement, not by the attacks itself. But calm down, these inconveniences will subside in a few days. If you are thinking about a predictable, safe and aesthetic orthodontic treatment, this is your system or technique, do not hesitate.